Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Happenings

I was inspired by my friend Tracy at simplyblissful to post some of my own holiday decorations. This is the Christmas Card she sent out this year. It is nothing short of amazing. It's the most beautiful holiday card I've seen and would definitely buy this if I saw it in a store.

This Santa workshop is my hands-down favorite holiday piece-it just speaks to me and makes me happy just looking at it.


The milk and cookie set is my most recent purchase, it is so adorable I couldn't pass it up; having 8 and 6 year old boys we always set out milk and cookies on Christmas Eve and a carrot for the Reindeer. Allen eats half of the cookie, drinks the milk and takes a bite out of the carrot after the boys have gone to bed.



This is Austin's gingerbread house that he made at school. A broken toe couldn't deter him from creating this gem. I think it's absolutely stunning. Note the symmetry with his designs. You can't see it in this photo, but he even made a back door! He is so linear with everything in life and it's interesting how it manifests.



















































I almost feel guilty for not being as effusive about Jacob's gingerbread house-don't get me wrong, it's great too, but things always come so easy for Jacob it's nice to see Austin shine once in a while.




This is our holiday train-I think it's so cute, we have so many ceramic pieces that came from, unbelievably, the gift shop at Swedish Hospital! They have the best stuff, I swear we must have 50 pieces of various holiday items from there. I always go a few days after each holiday from Valentines all the way to Christmas and rummage through the clearance shelves.



Our little village is set up upstairs with the kids tree. The boys get their own little tree on the 2nd floor landing to decorate with non-breakable toys and color lights. This year the boys "made" snow with Grandma to spread around the village.

I love these cutie pitchers and our reindeer has been with us for about 10 years























Gingerbread Houses

2 comments:

The Weathered Pane said...

It looks like you really have the house decked out for Christmas! Hope you're having a wonderful Holiday Season, Tanya.

tracy @mamacreates said...

aw, shucks ~ you know how to make a girl blush!

your holiday photos are great; I'm glad you posted them ~ makes me feel a little like we get share the holidays together :)