Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It's over-thank God it's over!

I would have to say the biggest highlight is that it's over! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the holidays but so much effort goes into just one (or two) days that it's always such a letdown. Tracy over at Simply Blissful wrote on her blog today about the letdown. I totally agree, but mine always happens on Christmas Day. When I was a kid we always went to my dad's family's house which was never fun. Now that I'm an adult with kids, I prefer to spend the day assembling the various toys the boys get and let them hang out and play with their goodies. My mom & stepdad always take the other kids to dinner and a movie-I know we're always welcome too, but it's kind of nice to have the house to ourselves after the chaos of the prior evening. For some reason we always have some sort of argument or frustrating period on Christmas day. Last night we tried to go out to dinner at Shanghai Garden and it was complete chaos. Every table was filled and there must have been 50 people waiting. We obviously waited too long to feed the kids so they were beyond cranky, so I ended up ordering food to go and by the time we got home with the food all four of us were moody shits. Once our bellies were filled we were ok, but I hate it when all four of us get worked into a frenzy like that.
Anyway, I'm glad it's over! I'll use another post to show some holiday pictures. We have some really great pictures I'm eager to share...

No comments: