Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Holiday Highlights & Pictures

Peppermint Bark

We had a very nice Christmas Eve; very chaotic but most of us enjoy the chaos. All of the family were there and as you will see by the photos-TONS of gifts!
Christmas Day we actually had some snow and it was the first "white Christmas" I've ever had! It didn't stick to much but the grass, but it sure was pretty while it lasted.

My quote of the week is from Austin-when I was preparing milk and cookies for Santa he said, "mom, I think Santa would prefer to have chocolate milk instead" It was SO cute!

I had great gifts; Allen bought me a new wedding ring, I got Bose earplugs in my stocking and a trip to Mexico!


My parents got the 6 of us a trip to Mexico this spring. We were planning on going to Hawaii for spring break, but they got a great deal to Mexico so they've paid for the 4 of
us to go too!


Below are presents the boys got-the big stack of cards is just one of two stacks of Pokemon cards-the boys have discovered them and "Santa" brought them tons! Austin got an Aquaraiders set; Jacob got a big Exoforce set; Austin got a Harry Potter cloak, glasses and wand; Jacob and Austin both got a talking, moving R2D2; one of their teachers, Jordan brought over gifts for them, the photo is of Jacob with a package of Pokemon cards and the bow on his forehead!






This is Rick and Lauren, they look so sweet together! Also below is a picture of me which I think is actually decent and of Max of Max & Ruby who is wearing a button blanket that Austin made at school.

This is just a sampling of the plethora of great goodies we had to eat; we had trays of cookies, candies and other baked goods as well as a smoked turkey, we roasted a ham and had our traditional Christmas eve dinner: Clam Chowder and Rolls. We all agreed this was the best batch of chowder my mom has made.

2 comments:

Misty, David and Joshua said...

Tanya, you're so lucky to have your family around you at the holidays! Dave, Josh and I spent a very quiet Christmas together, just the 3 of us.

The Weathered Pane said...

It looks like you had a fabulous Christmas!